sockowner

Jacob W Janovetz <janovetz at ews.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm upgrading to the new RTEMS (from really old stuff) and have
> gotten pretty far.  I'm glad I'm finally doing this...
> Anyhow, what has happened to "sockowner()" that used to be in
> socket.c?

It's no longer necessary and has been removed.
The only restriction on multi-task acess to sockets is that a socket
can only have
one task blocked waiting for I/O.  For example, Task A can create a
socket, Task B can read from it, Task C can write to it, but Task B
can't do a blocking read while Task C is blocked waiting for a write
to complete.

---
Eric Norum                                 eric at skatter.usask.ca
Saskatchewan Accelerator Laboratory        Phone: (306) 966-6308
University of Saskatchewan                 FAX:   (306) 966-6058
Saskatoon, Canada.