CPU32 problems resolved.

Hello all...

I've finally build RTEMS 2/19 and was able to get Hello World to
run without difficulty..  The change I needed to make was to
edit the egcs-1.0.2/gcc/config/m68k/t-m68kbare file and change
the MULTILIB stuff to:

MULTILIB_OPTIONS = mcpu32 msoft-float
MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS =

As is currently setup, one of the exceptions is mcpu32/msoft-float.
>From my experience here, mcpu32 alone includes some floating
point instructions and msoft-float alone includes the dreaded
bit-field operations.

One big complaint I have is that I could not do:

make MULTILIB_OPTIONS="mcpu32 msoft-float" ...

  Perhaps I was doing this wrong or something, but it never worked.
I went into this assuming that all the CPU32 crap was fixed.
Apparently not.

Joel -- Any idea when egcs-1.0.2 moves from the prerelease to release?

    Cheers,
    Jake

--
   janovetz at uiuc.edu    | Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with
 University of Illinois | your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,
        PP-ASEL         | http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~janovetz/index.html